The Department for Astrometry and Space Geodynamics
|NASU academician Ya.S.Yatskiv|
Space Geodynamics Department was created in 1979 at the Laboratory for the Study of the Earth's rotation Division fundamental astrometry. Organizer and head - academician of NAS of Ukraine Ya.S. Yatskiv.
Acting Head of Department - M.M.Medvedskyy
By 2016 the department had the laboratory "Ukrainian Centre of determination of the Earth Orientation Parameters».
Former Heads of the laboratory:
- O.V. Bolotina (2008−2009).
- Ya.S. Yatskiv (2010−2011).
- V.Ya. Choliy (2011-2015)
The main objective of the laboratory - determining the parameters of the Earth's rotation
In 1995 established Ukrainian Centre of determination the Earth Orientation Parameters (EOP), which aims to coordinate the work of the Ukrainian network stations of space geodesy and geodynamics (A.O.Korsun, 1995-2002, 2003-2008 O.V.Bolotina, V.Ya.Choliy- since 2008.)
Annually organized and conducted workshops' activities Ukrainian SLR network "listen scientific reports, discusses the state of work stations, the prospects and plans of Ukrainian SLR network and bulletin issued UCEOP.
From 2014 to Department includes Laboratory of astrometry . Head of Laboratory - Ph.D. P.F.Lazorenko
The number of employees on 1 January 2014 - 16 Dr. Sci. Science - 1, Cand. Science - 7.
Medvedsky Mikhail - v.o.zav.viddilu, KF PhD.
Pace Oleg - Senior, KF PhD.,
Kuzkov Vladimir Pavlovich - Senior Researcher, PhD.
Marina V. Ishchenko - NS, KF PhD.
Victor A. Pape - NS.
Yemets Adel I. - Junior Researcher, deputy head.
Zhaborovskyy Vitaliy - junior scientific researcher.
Yuri Glushchenko - Senior Engineer.
Kudlay Alexander G. - Senior Engineer
Zhalilo Nina O. - Ing. 1 cat.
Medvedsky Maria - Technician 1 set.
Infrastructure - UKRHEO Cosmo NETWORK
- Satellite laser ranging satellites in 1824 "Golosiiv - Kyiv" and Ukrainian SLR network telescope TPL-1M, laser rangefinder.
- The network of permanent GNSS stations (Global Navigation Satellite System): 15 Ukrainian permanent GNSS stations equipped with GPS receivers Trimble or contemporary GPS / GLONASS receivers firm NovAtel Ins, which meets all the requirements of the International GNSS Service.
MAIN AREAS OF RESEARCH AND COORDINATION OF:
- Theoretical and methodological research problems and building a global geodynamics main coordinate systems;
- determining the parameters of the Earth's rotation and the creation of coordinate systems implementations according to satellite observations and radiointerferometrychnyh;
- Ukraine coordinating institutions participating in international programs to study the Earth's rotation and the construction of the main reference systems - heavenly and zahalnozemnoyi;
- the functioning and coordination of the network stations Ukrainian space geodesy and geodynamics.
Research Department based and continuing the tradition of scientific school OY Orlov - EP Fedorova of fundamental astrometry and global geodynamics.
Diploma Prize. Rene Descartes
• In the 1956-1960 biennium. Academy of Sciences of the USSR EP Fedorov world's first developed the theory of nutation Earth for quite resilient and determined nutation parameters according to astronomical observations of changes latitudes. On the international recognition of this research shows for the first time in Ukraine in 1977 International Symposium of the International Astronomical syyuzu №78 "nutation and rotation of the Earth" in 1977, which contributed to the acceptance of a new theory of nutation.
• In 2000-2003. Continuing the traditions of scientific school OY Orlov - EP JS Fedorova Yatskiv actively participated in the creation of new nutation theory to real model Earth, that in the Authors European scientists was udostoenyy Prize. René Descartes EU 2003 r.
TRAFFIC poles of the Earth
• For the first time in world practice, according to nearly 100 years of observations of latitude and special treatment defined in homogeneous coordinates Pole of the Earth from 1880 to 1969 (EP Fedorov, JS Yatskiv, AA Korsun , SP Mayor VK taradeau). This work became a cycle of works awarded the USSR State Prize in Science and Technology a 1983 r.
• To determine the parameters of the Earth's rotation (the movement of the Earth's poles, UT) for the first time in the USSR were established software systems laser treatment observation satellites "Kyiv-geodynamics-1» ( VK. Taradeau , H.T. Yanovytska, ML Cesis, MT Mironov ) and its revised version of "Kyiv-geodynamics-2,3,5» ( K.H. Nurutdinov V. Salyamov, SP Rudenko ), and processing software package VLBI observations ( YA.S. Yatskiv , AM. Kur'yanova, M .M. Medvedsky). Later SL. Bolotin has developed a set of perfect «SteelBreeze».
• New approaches to creating and implementing practical and zahalnozemnoyi celestial coordinate systems: catalogs fundamental weaknesses vision (catalog FKSZ) and a series of radio sources RSC (GAOUA) (YA.S. Yatskiv, AM Kur'yanova , SL. Bolotin, S.O. Litvin)
• According VLBI observations created two directories provisions radio sources: individual mao008a (3555 radio sources) and combined maoC08a (3572 radio sources). Catalogues were used when creating a new implementation of the International ICRF2 celestial coordinate system, which is adopted by the International Astronomical Union, as standard starting from 1 January 2010 (p. L. Bolotin, S. Litwin, J. C. Yatskiv) < / em>.
• In order to coordinate-time provision of Ukraine initiated and in the 1991-2013 biennium. Built a network of laser stations (LLS), radio (GNSS) satellites and observation radiointerferometrychnyh observations of quasars (VLBI) ( YA.S. Yatskiv, Medvedsky MM, AA Pace, EE Volvach, YL Kokurin in collaboration with workers in other entities)
SATELLIT OBSERVATIONS AND HANDLING
• Laser station observation satellites is the global network of service stations of the International Earth rotation and conducts active surveillance for international programs.
• An accuracy of ~ 2 cm measuring distances to satellites, thanks to:
- Introduction to SPL new laser transmitter LS-2151 and adapting software SPL for the new laser;
- the creation of control system errors telescope model on data obtained during laser ranging satellites. Using this system allows regular monitoring "invisible" satellite, which in turn increased the number of observation satellites such as "Laheos»;
- putting specialized in GPS receiver that plays highly stable reference frequency of 10 MHz and second timings.
The department annually organize and conduct workshops' activities Ukrainian SLR network "hear scientific reports, discuss the state of work stations, the prospects and plans of Ukrainian SLR network and publishes a newsletter UCEOP ( M. M. Medvedsky, YM Glushchenko, V. Pape, B. Zhabarovskyy, VJ Czolij etc. ) .
M. Medvedsky (2012) and V. Zhaborovskyy (2013) awarded the diploma of them. D. Yatskiv for significant contribution to the development and introduction of laser technology in astronomical research.
CENTER collection and processing OBSERVATIONS GNSS network
• installed and commissioned the new Permanent GNSS station "Pryluky" (Chernihiv region). "Smela" (Cherkasy region). And "Katsiveli" (Crimea). Stations are equipped with modern GPS / GLONASS receivers NovAtel Inc company Uusimaa and meet the requirements set by the International GNSS Service Stations of this type.
• Completed a series of experimental measurements and analysis of their quality (2008-2009 gg.) (OO. Pace, EA Zhalilo, MO Lytvyn, DO Shelkovenkov).
• Performing daily analysis of observational stations network space geodesy and geodynamics international stations as well as stations ukrgeokosmomerezha ( OO. Gait, M. Ishchenko and others.)
• According HNSS- campaigns and classic geodetic monitoring performed in 2005-2011 gg., The parameters of deformation and movement on Crimean geodynamic polygon (O.YE. Volvach, AM. Samoilenko, P.S. Odynets, J.S. Yatskiv).
• In the framework of Ukrainian-Russian project in the 2010-2013 biennium. The analysis of the observations of the international VLBI network stations, including the network of "Quasar", thereby increasing the accuracy of the parameters of the Earth's rotation and training space mission "Radioastron» ( JS Yatskiv, SL Bolotin, EE Volvach ( CrAO )) .
In 2012 AE Volvach, YL Kokurin, JS Yatskiv won a National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Academy of Sciences for the series of works "Russian-Ukrainian Network Stations space geodesy and geodynamics».
SCIENTIFIC COOPERATION AND COORDINATION OF WORKS
• The department participates in international programs to study the Earth's rotation and construction of coordinate systems and coordinates the activities of Ukrainian network stations observations, laser radar, radio technical, radiointerferometrychnyh, the expansion of their actions on the territory of Ukraine and relations with GNSS and al. (YA.S. Yatskiv, Medvedsky MM, AA Pace, A. Zhalilo, Ishchenko MV et al.)
• In 1995 created a Ukrainian Centre of determination the Earth Orientation Parameters (EOP) which aims to coordinate the work of the Ukrainian network stations of space geodesy and geodynamics (A.O. Korsun, 1995-2002, A. Bolotin, 2003-2008, V.J. Czolyj - since 2008.)
• With the support of the National Space Agency of Ukraine, in cooperation with the European Space Agency (ESA) and "EDO Storm" National Technical University of Ukraine "KPI" developed and tested system for laser communications and atmospheric experiments with geostationary satellite ARTEMIS (ESA). Designed for this device is placed in the Cassegrain focus 0.7-meter telescope AZT-2 MAO NAS of Ukraine (performers of GAO Kuzkov VP, SV Kuzkov).
The department is actively involved in international services, projects and observational campaigns:
• International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (IERS), International Laser Ranging Service, International VLBI Service, International GNSS Service and others.
• International project EEGS2 «Distribution of EGNOS in Eastern Europe. Applying ».
The department cooperates with the Institute of Applied Astronomy RAS, many observatories and institutions of the world.